What Happens in a Reiki Session?
Reiki enhances the power of the body to heal itself. Through a set of fixed hand positions, Reiki energy flows through the body, fostering self-awareness and natural healing. During a typical healing session, the Reiki practitioner places her hands gently on the various parts of the body with their fingers closed tight. You will soon feel a kind of flowing sensation, often combined with a sensation of warmth, which can turn into heat or become quite cold. The Reiki session usually yields a warm, tranquil state of relaxation. Some people experience tingling sensations, light, color and imagery is also common. Everyoneï¿½s experience is different; responses can vary from powerful and immediate relief to gradual and subtle improvement over time.
Reiki can be done anywhere, anytime, with or without special equipment. A full treatment on a massage table usually lasts between forty minutes to an hour.
Effects Reiki Can Have:
- Supports the body’s natural ability to heal itself;
- Vitalizes both body and soul;
- Re-establishes spiritual equilibrium and mental well-being;
- Functions on all levels, whether mental or spiritual, bodily or emotional;
- Balances the body’s energies;
- Adjusts itself according to the needs of the recipient;
- Loosens up blocked energy and promotes a state of total relaxation;
- Cleanses the body of poisons;
- Is an extremely pleasant, holistic method of healing.